For Seasoned Dancers, Adults, Teen Enthusiasts and Athletes
Fueling passion for dance and fitness
Due to the impact of COVID-19 we will be holding live-streamed classes through Zoom for our current students until we all can return to school. We look forward to seeing you in our virtual classes!
How Live-Streamed Classes Work:
- Download the Zoom app on your phone, tablet, or computer.
- Be sure to sign up for class at least one hour prior to start time.
- Scroll down on this page to the “Schedule and Sign Up” tab. Choose the date and select the class you would like to take.
- You will be emailed a Zoom link to the class 15-30 minutes prior to the start of the class. If you don’t see the link in your email, please check your spam folder, and then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join the class 5-10 minutes prior to start time by clicking on the Zoom link. The “BAE virtual front desk staff” will admit you into the studio.
- Important: Please be sure that you are on mute mode at the start of the class.
- Your teacher will arrive just prior to the start of class.
Zoom Class Prices (special reduced fees):
Single class: $9
Students with BAE Class Cards: Take two classes and receive one free class. (Free classes will be added into student’s accounts on a weekly basis. You don’t need to do a thing.)
Unlimited Accounts: We will be extending your course one week for every two weeks that BAE is offering live-streamed classes.
Class Description: Zoom classes are structured to allow students to safely maintain their strength and flexibility, and keep dancing, in the comfort of their space. Ballet classes will consist of an extended barre and abbreviated center work. All classes will be taught by the BAE’s beloved Adult Division faculty.
What to wear: There is no specific dress code. Be comfortable, but consider modesty.
If you experience any problems with the Zoom platform during the class please email us at email@example.com.
If you’re unable to join us online, please know that all class cards and unlimited series will be extended. Stay well, and we look forward to seeing you soon!
- Introduction Ballet: 0-1 year training
- Basic Beginner Ballet: 1-2 years training
- Beginner Ballet: 2-5 years training
- Advanced Beginner Ballet: Minimum 4 years training
- Intermediate Ballet: Minimum 6 years training
- Adv/Intermediate Ballet: Minimum 8 years training
- Pointe: Must be at the Intermediate or Advanced level or consult with teacher.
Please note: If you have previous ballet experience but are returning to ballet class after a long hiatus, it is strongly recommended that you start in the Basic Beginner class and gradually move up.
Modern and Tap
- Beginner Modern: 1 year of Ballet or Modern training
- Beginner Tap: Minimum of 1 year experience
*Pilates, Yoga, Body Conditioning, Barre Tone, Dance-Cardio, and Zumba classes are designed to suit all levels of ability.
The Mark Morris Dance Group and the Brooklyn Parkinson Group, in collaboration with Ballet Academy East, offers Dance for PD classes free of charge to people with Parkinson’s, their families, friends, and caregivers. Advance registration is required. Click here for details.
Single Class – $20
10 Classes – $180 ($18 per class)
25 Classes – $425 ($17 per class)
50 Classes – $800 ($16 per class)
Unlimited classes, $2800 (Must be paid in full in one installment)
SAG, AFTRA, Equity, Mt. Sinai Employees, and Seniors (60+): Single class $18 and 10% discount on class cards (must present ID). Active military members, their spouses, and children receive 25% off with valid ID
Ten-class cards expire six months from date of purchase.
A one-time only thirty-day extension may be arranged for ten-class cards for $10 (only valid for cards purchased at full price).
All other cards expire one year from date of purchase.
Tuition is non-refundable.
All students should check in with the front desk before heading to class.
Please arrive on time for class and notify the teacher at the start of class if you need to leave early. We cannot sign students into class more than 15 minutes late.
There is no specific dress code for the open classes. We recommend that ladies wear a leotard, tights (any color) and ballet slippers, and gentlemen wear a t-shirt, black tights, and black ballet slippers. Leg warmers or sweat pants are optional. For everyone’s comfort, please do not wear overly revealing garments or strong perfume to class.