Located in the heart of New York, BAE has five spacious, air-conditioned studios with sprung floors, mirrors, sound systems, and pianos, which are available for rental. The versatile spaces at BAE are ideal for your next reception, fundraiser, corporate event, meeting, private party, photo shoot, or rehearsal.
Studio 1: 26’ x 38’
Studio 2: 30’ x 38’
Studio 3: 30’ x 38’
Studio 4: 30’ x 40’
Studio 5: 33’ x 40’
Private Lessons & Rehearsals
$30 per hour for non-BAE students and/or rentals with non-BAE faculty
$20 per hour for BAE students (Registered either in the Young Dancer, Pre-Professional, or Adult Program with a current class card)
$10 per hour for BAE faculty and staff
Workshops, Photo/Film Shoots, Auditions, Meetings, Events, and Group Classes: $60 and up per hour (please inquire). BAE Pre-Professional students preparing audition and college videos receive studio space at no charge.
- Submit a Studio Rental Request form by clicking the “Rent Today!” button above. We will confirm requests pending availability within 24-48 hours.
- Renters are required to keep a credit card on file with BAE. Renters who do not have a credit card to put on file must book in person and pay in full at the time the space is booked.
- In the event that a fee is owed for an unpaid bill, cancellation, or inappropriate use of space, BAE will charge the card on file within 1-3 days of the rental.
- In case of cancellation or schedule change, Renter must notify BAE Rental Manager at least 24 hours prior to the requested rental date. Renter forfeits entire payment to BAE for cancellations or schedule changes made fewer than 24 hours in advance.
- If rental space has not been pre-paid, Renters must pay at the Front Desk before entering the studio.
- All payments are to be made by cash, check payable to Ballet Academy East, or credit card. All returned checks will be subject to an additional charge.
Photography and videography must be arranged with advance permission from the school. BAE is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen property.
Studio activities are typically booked back-to-back. Help us stay on time by promptly beginning and ending your rental period. Should a space be occupied at the time of your reservation, please do not ask the occupants to leave. We ask that you request help from the Front Desk to assist with the changeover.
FOOD AND DRINK
No food or drinks are permitted in any of the studios with the exception of water, in plastic or metal bottles.
Tap shoes are ONLY allowed in Studio 1. Street shoes are not allowed in any studio. Please remove your shoes before entering the studio; this applies to all participants and observers. High heels and rosin are forbidden in the studios.
Ballet barres should be used in their intended manner and cannot be removed from the studio, unless prior permission has been granted to do so. Sitting on the barres is strictly prohibited.
Sound systems are provided for your use in each studio. Each system is equipped to play via CD, AUX, or Bluetooth. The Bluetooth password is indicated on the sound system. The Front Desk is available to assist you if you need help operating a unit. If the volume level interrupts other activities or puts the speakers at risk, you will be asked to lower the volume.
HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING
Heating and air conditioning are maintained seasonally in the dance studios. The Front Desk is available to assist you if the temperature needs to be adjusted.
Intercoms are provided in Studio 3 – 5. Please use them to call the Front Desk for assistance.
Pianos are provided in each studio. Use of the piano is included in your studio rental at no additional cost. Please do not use these valuable and sensitive instruments as tables, coffee bars, computer stands, or for any other unintended purpose. Please do not move the pianos.